Peggy Baker is the Director of the EASL Institute NFP. She has been working with teachers and school leaders for over 15 years, helping them to develop learning outcomes and assessment practices to support student achievement. She has worked with schools across the country and led workshops at conferences and teacher institutes nationally.
Peggy has more than 25 years of experience in working with non-profit organizations, schools, health clinics, and city and county agencies. She developed one of the first computerized systems for physicians and clinics treating patients with HIV/AIDS, enabling them to comply with federal reporting requirements while remaining focused on their mission of providing patient care.
In the distant past, Peggy served as a locomotive mechanic, a union staff member, and community liaison in the Commission on Human Relations under the late Mayor Harold Washington of Chicago.
The EASL Institute draws on consultants who are content area specialists with many years of teaching experience to provide support to teachers in implementing outcomes-based assessment.
Some of our current and past clients:
- Community High School, Buncombe County (Asheville) North Carolina
- Mountain Youth School, Cherokee County, North Carolina
- Cesar Chavez High School for Public Policy, Washington, DC
- Young Women’s Leadership Charter School, Chicago, IL
- Chicago Talent Development High School, Chicago, IL
- Manley Career Academy, Chicago Public Schools, Chicago, IL
- Bronx International High School, Bronx, NY
- Pan American International High School at Monroe, Bronx, NY
- Urban Academy School for Green Careers, NYC, NY
- Buncombe County Early College High School, Asheville, NC
- Isaac Bear Early College High School, Wilmington, NC
- Buncombe County Schools, Asheville, NC
- Clyde A. Erwin Middle School, Asheville, NC